Happy Child

Happy Child
Little Girl from Nepal

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Off to Kathmandu

I received Travel approval yesterday! My adoption agency called me to let me know I received the official letter from the Nepal Ministry of Women, Children & Social Welfare. The date is 2067/04/06 on the Nepali calendar.

It states: "I am pleased to inform you that based on the consent given by Ms. Candice Louise Warltier to adopt Antara Balika, The Government of Nepal has decided to grant the said chid an an adopted daughter to the said parents...."

So, we are moving full speed ahead. I got on the phone with AMEX and Continental about 20 minutes after receiving the call. I've been charging up a storm on Amex the last couple years and really hoped to use my points to get over to Nepal. I even checked that I had sufficient points a few months back.

So...after six minutes on the phone with a rep from Continental, who by the way needed me to spell Kathmandu.."Is that with a "C"?", we were disconnected. So, I took a deep breadth and called again. After another six minutes on hold, Shane picked up. I immediately gave him my number and asked that he call me if we were disconnected. He began researching flight options, which using miles isn't easy and may be the biggest joke on all of us. He had us going through Hong Kong to Bankgok with about a 10 hour layover. After 40 minutes - really - we were disconnected!! And, he didn't call back. I think he hung up on me.

There was a reason my adoption agency highly recommended using a travel agent. So, I contacted a travel agent who another friend, who is adopting and will be there at the same time, is using. I checked in with him at the end of the day to see the status of the flights. He said "I am on my way to exercise class."

I took another deep breadth and reminded myself that I hadn't been to yoga in a while.

I am not sure how this will pan out. I am certain of one thing. My mother and I will get to Nepal next week somehow or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment