Happy Child

Happy Child
Little Girl from Nepal

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Shubha janmadin Antara!

Happy Birthday Antara!

Today, is her first birthday. I truly hope that they are doing something special in the orphanage today. Everyone in my family remembered her birthday and sent sweet messages.

I recently learned that the Nepalese are very interested in astrology. In fact, they refer to astrologists before they get married, when naming a child and for many other important life decisions.

I find it interesting - or possibly frightening - that Antara and I are both Leos. My birthday is August 1.

I researched her name and found the following interesting facts.

The Meaning of Antara
The girl name Antara comes from the Indian word which means, "Beauty." It also stems from the Indian word which means, "From within, from the heart."

People with this name tend to be natural leaders, self-sufficient, and ambitious. They generally want to make their own decisions in life and are not afraid to take charge or manage a situation. It is important for them to avoid extremes of bossiness or shyness. They tend to be too impulsive. Professionally, they can be successful in political leadership, celebrity status, or as a small business owner.


She is truly the best gift I could ever receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment