Happy Child

Happy Child
Little Girl from Nepal

Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Night


Well we made it through the first night. She slept from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. - fabulous! She woke up, had a bottle and played for a couple hours. Then we headed down for breakfast where she ate eggs and some oatmeal. She has a very healthy appetite!

We made our way to the Nepali ministry where we applied for her passport. This will take about a week to obtain. It doesn't mean anything unless we get the visa to the U.S. They have begun the investigation.

So we wait. We did make our way to the new Kathmandu mall. My mom was a bit more impressed.

Antara is such a calm baby. We can take her everywhere and she is so easy going. The only issue is she is very heavy!! My arms are so sore. They don't use strollers because the streets and roads are too rough. I do have a sling carrier that i am hoping to use soon. Hopefully she'll adjust to it.

She took a short nap this afternoon and we played for a while. Antara then had her first bath!! I don't believe that the nannies gave them baths like we think of. So we put her in this small tub that DeeDee had with a few fun bath toys that my mom brought. All I can say is I hope bath time gets easier. She absolutely hated it and cried the entire time.

She does like to brush her hair!

We made a few calls on Skype including one to my friend Kelly and her daughter, Mamata, who is from the same orphanage. As soon as Anu saw M she just lit up. In fact she started to clap her hands and point at M and say "ma ma". It was really amazing to see them connect.

She is saying a few words.. I wish I could say the first word was Ma Ma, but my mom and I both heard her say Da Da first while she was holding a cell phone to her ear!


Then unfortunately I had to spend a couple of hours investigating immigration adoption attorneys. Thanks to everyone who has sent recommendations.

She is sound asleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment