Yesterday we woke up, had breakfast and decided to make our way to BlueBird, the only department store in KTM. Mom was so excited. I know she pictured a huge Target in her mind where she could get nearly everything we need. So our driver picked us up and after a long 30 minute, hot, bumpy drived we arrived. We walked in and i quickly saw the disappointment on her face. I do need to remind her we are in a third world country - one of the 10 poorest in the world. We saw a pak and play baby crib. It was the only one and it was broken. We left and i sensed she was having a difficult time with everything, including the long drives.
So, I told her that I'd visit Antara alone. It is a very long, hard drive to the orphanage. I arrived at the orphanage and everyone seemed so happy to see me. I could tell that they feel so comfortable with me adopting Antara and they call her Mero Chorri - My daughter. It was Monday and they were celebrating Shiva - a Hindu God. Both Anu and I had a Tikka placed on our foreheads.
When I was ready to leave Antara didn't want me to go. It is getting harder and harder for us to leave each other. The next time I see her she will be my daughter.
I got back to the hotel and was nervous to see my mom ...thinking she'd be sleeping in the hotel and not happy. Was I wrong. I walked in the room and she said "Hi - Guess what i did today?" She had walked across the street (ugh....) and found a baby store, bought a pak and play and set it up in the room. It was the only pak and play and the design and theme are of Africa! It has the word Africa across the front end of the pak and play - hysterical. I wish i was in Africa right now :)
Today we are off to Bhaktapur, which is outside of KTM.
Oh Candice, you are so beautiful together. I made a new friend today from DC, maybe he could be of help, who knows. I'll contact Durbin's office tomorrow. xo.
ReplyDelete