Happy Child

Happy Child
Little Girl from Nepal

Tuesday, August 10, 2010






Hi. We had another great day with Antara. It's adorable to see how proud she is when trying to walk. Her face lights up and she has a huge grin. I have great video and can't figure out how to get it up here...if anyone has ideas??

Here are a few photos. She loves books..doesn't care as much about the blankie that i brought her. She is very smart if i must say so myself. She is a quick learner and observer. She loves to be held and is very affectionate. I am in love with this little girl.

We are still faced with many issues and questions about next steps. I am going to the US Embassy today and will have them start the investigation proceedings.

We did escape to Thamel, an area of Kathmandu, with many shops. I bought an absolutely beautiful box from Tibet. We had dinner with a Nepali woman I met in Chicago and her mother, who is a physician here. It was fabulous to meet people here outside of the adoption process. They gave us great suggestions on things to, including getting out of Kathmandu and seeing the beautiful countryside.


We are moving hotels today! Mom is thrilled. The new hotel is the Yak and Yeti. http://www.yakandyeti.com/home/index.php

3 comments:

  1. For you video: I upload to vimeo.com, wait for it to process (about 30 minutes) and then embed the link into my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice - she is adorable. It is so clear from these photos you already have a great bond and she adores you too. We are sending you lots of love and prayers from Cape Cod (via Chicago) missing you and hoping things go well in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking of you.. looking for more...xxx

    ReplyDelete