


It's fun to see Antara do many things for the first time. Some are monumental - first steps, swimming. Some are uneventful and some unexpected. We took a blanket to the grassy area outside to get some "fresh" air. It's getting increasingly difficult to spend days in the hotel. I put Antara down on the grass and she wouldn't walk. She just stood there with her hands up like what are you doing to me?? At first I couldn't figure it out. Then I realized that she was afraid of the grass. Then I realized that it was the first time she was on grass. I am not sure if I have mentioned that I am pretty certain she rarely left the one room in the orphanage. If she did it was for a very short time, when her didi took her out on the small porch.
Eventually she sat herself down on the grass but wouldn't touch it with her hands.
Another first was the swing ride at the British Embassy play ground. We were invited to a play group with ex pats. There were moms from all over the world with their children. Antara was on the young side so she wasn't able to really play with the others, but she did enjoy herself. After the play ground the moms group made it over to the local Nepal-Japan library for reading and song time. We all sat around in a circle and Antara immediately fell asleep in my lap for the entire group.
Her nap schedule is now completely off and she is having more difficulty falling asleep at night. We thought a bath would help her relax. However, she loves it so much that she screams (and I mean screams) when she has to get out. So it was a bit rough putting her to sleep last night.
We are still trying to figure out everything.
Well, it's a good thing you live where you do, she won't have to be faced with all that dreadful grass. That is pretty funny though. Glad to hear that you are bonding and that she is in very good hands. Keep the You Tube videos coming, it is so nice to see her laughing and enjoying herself, she is adorable.
ReplyDeleteAs always we are all praying that you both are home soon.