Happy Child

Happy Child
Little Girl from Nepal

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Jack and Betty & the Yak and Yeti





Antara is very funny. She is shy at first, but becomes increasingly playful as she gets to know someone. Now with Grandma and me she laughs hysterically. Today we went into Thamel, a section of Kathmandu that has many shops selling local goods. We found the bookstore we were searching for called the Pilgrim. This will be our new hangout. Mom loved it. In addition to a book store they sell many locally made goods including jewelry, clothing, bowls, paintings, etc... We spent hours in the shop. Most importantly we found what we came for... the children's book called "Jack and Betty & the Yak and Yeti" !! (Mom's name is Betty) This is a fabulous book by Simon Arthy about two young explorers who embark on a journey. Anyway, I bought a few including one for Antara and one for my mom, whose birthday is on Monday.

Then we made our way next door to the restaurant, which serves everything from Pizza to Nepali food. Antara had Dhal Bhat and I ordered Thai spring rolls. She loves to eat!

3 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful, and so big! What size clothes is she wearing? And there are her pretty baby teeth. How many does she have? I can't wait to squeeze her. Does she like to go in the pool? Argghhh--I have so many questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updates on her personality! She is such a big girl--and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the video!! She said Ma Ma! It's too much, I am so happy for you! This will come together, I just know it, it's meant to be.

    ReplyDelete