


I am attempting to take everything one day at a time here, which has never been the easiest way to live for me. I try and have something to do each day and I can’t over plan with Antara. She wakes up at about 6 a.m. , so I try and get up at 5:30ish to get some work done. We spend the rest of the morning together either playing at home or going on an outing.
I really enjoy getting together with some of the other families. Most of the other families are now women and their children. Their husbands had to return to the US to work. Cheri and Vicki are two new friends who have adopted children about the same Age as Antara (see photo of bathing beauties). They are precious. Vicki is a professional photographer based just outside of Chicago. Vicki had a going away party for her husband before he headed home (photos from that evening). Antara and I spent the day with Vicki, Cheri, DeeDee and their children swimming at Vicki’s hotel. She took these professional shots of Antara.
Candice-
ReplyDeleteI saw a few of the Chi town gals this weekend and they filled me in on your plight! I have eagerly devoured all of the pictures and posts- and all I can say is that you and your daughter are so lucky to have each other. I am sending such positive thoughts and vibes your way....this too will end and all of the struggles you have been thru together will make it all the sweeter:)
Love the photo of the bathing beauties...that is an award-winning photo as far as I'm concerned. I enjoy seeing all the pics of the people, clothes, food, etc. I am learning so much more about Nepal, through you and Antara. Sending hugs...
ReplyDeleteThese photos are amazing! What beauties!
ReplyDeleteHi Candice,
ReplyDeleteFYI, my google account "handle" for posting on blogs is Gordon.
Kathleen