It hasn't been an easy move...not that they are easy in the U.S. Everyone knows how often I have moved. ACE apts. in KTM is a "luxury" building. We have 3 bedrooms and use one as an office/guest room. Antara sleeps in my room in a pack and play and DeeDee shares a room with Bina. There goes my cute baby room. I have a a pack and play with the words Africa on it and a hanging decoration with elephants and a bell on it.
We have two bathrooms. The building has an indoor swimming pool - unheard of in Nepal, actually. It also has guards at the front entrance. But we still don't forget we are in Nepal. We have been here two days and the air conditioner has broken twice. Ants cover the floor and I can't for the life of me figure out how to work the washing machine that looks like it is from the 1800s.
I made our first dinner last night! We shared a box of Kraft macaroni and cheese between the 4 of us. I also made a can of peas for Bina and DeeDee. I hate peas and Anu feels the same way!
I plan to start cooking soon. Uma said she would give me a Nepali cuisine cooking lesson and I signed up for a Thai cooking class that a group of ex pats is planning.
Everything is an effort. My cell phone, which I purchased last week, broke. The phone in the room works occassionally. When I asked the building manager what to do if there is an emergency with Anu, he just stared at me. Seriously, there are no ambulances and I can't make a call because the phones barely work.
The electricity is out throughout the day. The internet does seem to be working.
Here is a link to the apartment.
http://kathmanduhomesearch.com/index.php?action=listingview&listingID=548
http://nepalhomesearch.com/listing-luxery-apartment-148.html
I am happy to see pics of your apartment and I am so glad that you have roommates. It is nice for you to have somebody to share this with and for Antara to have a buddy. It made me smile to see her "I Love Mommy" shirt! Hang in there...Jen
ReplyDelete