Happy Child

Happy Child
Little Girl from Nepal

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Thank You!

The outpouring of support has been amazing. I know many of you have contacted your legislators and even encouraged the media to cover the story. I hope all our work gets us home soon. I received an email from the owner of Cumin, a great Nepali restaurant in Chicago, that I visited for the first time right before my trip here. I was on a date and he had suggested it! It was a fabulous idea and we met the owner and his staff, who were incredibly supportive. I wanted to share his email with everyone below (he wrote to the Chicago Tribune columnist Mary Schmich).

I really hope to be home in October as I have two client events!! I encourage everyone to go! One is the Key to the Cure benefiting NorthShore's Kellogg Cancer Center on Thursday, October 21 from 5 to 8p.m. at Saks Fifth Avenue in Highland Park (1849 Green Bay Road). The other is An Evening Under the Harvest Moon benefiting NorthShore University HealthSystem’s Evanston Hospital Infant Special Care Unit. This benefit is Saturday, Oct. 16 at the Park West in Chicago. Please contact (847) 570-5306 or northshore.org/ab-benefit to purchase tickets.

I hope to be there. As long as I am home by Thanksgiving.


Hello Mary,

My name is Sanjeev Karmacharya and I am a principal owner of new Nepalese & Indian restaurant called Cumin located at Wicker Park. I met Candice at our restaurant few days before she left for Nepal. She told us about baby Antara and she was so excited about her. She wanted to know about our culture, about Nepal and also wanted to learn more about Antara. Since we have so many Nepalese working in the restaurant we told Candice to bring baby back to restaurant in regular basis so we could make her feel comfortable. She also wanted baby to continue learning our culture while growing up in US. We are so saddened by the news of her being stuck in Nepal. We were expecting to see baby Antara here in Chicago by now.


We are so grateful for what Candice is doing for this baby and also would like to thank you for publishing this article. Hopefully we can all meet Candice and baby Antara soon at Cumin.

Thank you

Sincerely,

Sanjeev Karmacharya
Cumin
1414 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, Il 60622

Here is an email to me...

How are you? I am sure you are very excited to have baby Antara with you. She is so cute and adorable. We (all my staffs from Cumin) were so sad to hear about your story. First I saw article on my blackberry and it did not have picture so I was not sure if I had spoken with you but when I saw your picture I was sure you were who the one we spoke with before you left for Nepal. You have no idea how much we appreciate you adopting this baby and giving her good future. I am sure US Embassy will complete their paper work soon and we will be able to see you and baby Antata soon. I think we are more exited than you to see baby here in Chicago :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a precious email and makes me want to go visit that restaurant very soon!

    ReplyDelete