Happy Child

Happy Child
Little Girl from Nepal

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Healthy Baby




Antara had her first doctor's appointment yesterday! I would have waited until we were back in the states but now that we are uncertain about when that will be I decided to make an appt. So, we scheduled a check up with Dr. Ravi at the American clinic. He graduated from Univ. of Michigan and was in the Peace Corps here years ago. I was nervous that she'd be scared. Boy was I wrong. She is a complete flirt and just smiled and giggled at Dr. Ravi.

Dr. Ravi said she is very healthy and happy. She is 11 kilograms. She had a few mosquito bites that I was concerned about. He told me not to worry that the mosquitoes in this part of Nepal don't carry malaria.

The only real concern is the water, which is contaminated and spreads diseases. We take it for granted that we have clean water in the US and can drink out of the tap, brush our teeth and bath without thinking about it. In fact, I can't help thinking how wasteful we are in the US. I remember walking down Dearborn and watching all the building engineers washing the sidewalks with the water hose. Is that really necessary?

1 comment: